Ask any Scouser, and one of the most iconic landmarks in Liverpool is the Bombed Out Church in the heart of the city. We’d definitely agree and that’s why we’d love to photograph a wedding at St Lukes. We haven’t shot there yet, but it’s up at the top of our wedding photography wish-list! In the meantime, we’ve chucked in some of our fave photos that have the same vibe as this fab venue, while we tell you a little bit about it.
A Unique Wedding Venue in Liverpool
The last bomb site in Liverpool, the walls of this living memorial – better known as the Bombed Out Church – are now filled with music, laughter and community spirit, thanks to an incredible team who brought it back to life. It’s also one of the most unique wedding venues in the Liverpool too!
Getting Married at The Bombed Out Church
Even now, a lot of people don’t know that you can get married at the Bombed Out Church, so here’s five reasons why you should:
1) The Bombed Out Church is easily one of the most distinctive & beautiful wedding venues you’ll ever come across, anywhere in the world. (Well, we think so!). A beautiful and quirky setting for your wedding photographs.
2) Despite being almost destroyed during the May Blitz in 1941, the outer shell of St Luke’s still remains. It might be in the city centre, but there’s a real sense of peace and tranquility in those walls. You can be part of its story.
3) You can get married in any weather! The amazing folk at Elite Marquees have a glass-house effect marquee that nestles inside St Luke’s. It’s the perfect way to bring your outdoor wedding indoors, without losing the impact. Another box ticked for gorgeous wedding photography.
4) Want a blank space wedding venue that’s still 100% Instagram worthy? You can have your day your own way. Hanging florals from the ceiling, draping festoons across the walls, you can dress the space in whatever way you like.
5) You can show off the best Liverpool has to offer to your wedding guests. Perfectly placed for hotels, pre-wedding shopping or post-wedding brunches, you won’t have to worry about getting taxis home either!
Wedding Photography at The Bombed Out Church
With all this, it’s no wonder The Bombed Out Church is at the top of our ‘must-shoot’ wedding photography list! It’s a venue we know and love, in our home city. We can look at what you want to get from your images. Whether it’s capturing the emotions through the day and being part of the party, or finding the perfect location for wedding portraits. There are so many spots at St Luke’s for stunning wedding photography, taking in its amazing architecture, the gardens, or even a stroll to Chinatown.
Elite Marquees at The Bombed Out Church
Our pals at Elite Marquees set up their glass-house style marquee a couple of times a year for weeks on end to host weddings and special events. They also provide the bar service. Find out more at elite-marquees.co.uk
If you’re considering a wedding at The Bombed Out Church, then we might just be the wedding photographers for you. We’d love to hear more about your big day and tell you why we love this amazing wedding venue so much.
Get in touch with us here!